Golden Grahams were on sale this week for 2/$5.00 at Meijer, so I decided to try a recipe that I’ve been wanting to try for a while. 20/20 hindsight says this would have been a better “winter” recipe simply because of the chocolate; however, the teenagers in the house seemed to appreciate something different to snack on.
- 8 cups Golden Grahams cereal (the generic would work equally well)
- 5 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 c. milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 5 T. butter
- 1 t. vanilla
1. Put 4 cups of marshmallows (save 1 for later), chips, syrup and butter in microwave safe bowl and melt for 2-3 minutes, stirring every minute. Add vanilla.
2. Measure 8 cups of cereal and remaining cup of marshmallows into a large mixing bowl. Pour marshmallow mixture over cereal and stir until well coated. Dump entire contents of bowl into buttered 9×13 pan and press down. (Tip: this is much easier if your hand is slightly damp.) Let cool on counter, cut and enjoy!
THINGS I WOULD CHANGE ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
- Melt everything on the stove in a large pot and then add cereal. It would have been easier to mix because it would have stayed hot and there would have been less clean up.
- Cut up a hershey bar into tiny pieces and mix this in when the remaining cup of marshmallows go in.