Using the ingredients listed in my Dark Chocolate Raspberry Torte (see below), cupcakes can be made with the following changes:
- When you finish making your raspberry cream, put it into a large ziploc bag instead of a plastic container.
- Fill cupcake papers 2/3 of the way and bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove centers of cupcakes and let cool completely. (I found an apple corer worked very well for this.)
- Once cupcakes are cool, cut very tiny corner off the ziploc bag and pipe raspberry cream into the holes in the middle of the cupcakes. (I did this on a cookie sheet and picked it up and dropped it 3 inches to make cream settle so I could add more.)
- Put frosting into a ziploc bag, cut very tiny corner off bag and spiral frosting from center around and around until top of cupcake is covered. (Should look similar to a rose.) Immediately place a fresh raspberry and mint sprig on top and sprinkle with pink and/or chocolate sprinkles.
Keep cupcakes in the refrigerator at all times.
IDEA: These would be very cute for a baby shower (if the baby is a girl) or a bridal shower brunch.